NYSAR3 is proposing a number of changes to its bylaws. These changes need to be reviewed and approved by the general membership. In addition to a number of changes which we believe clarify various sections which may have been considered vague, the key changes proposed include:
- Clarifies Honorary Members shall have the full rights, including voting, of a paid member.
- Allowances for elections to take place at times other than at the Annual Meeting
- Establishes a seat on the Board for representative from the NYSDEC
- Clarifies the procedure to fill a vacancy on the Board
- Clarifies the duties of the President or his designee, not the Secretary, include the ability to call for a meeting of the Board
- Includes verbiage that Conflict of Interest restrictions apply to Contractors as well as employees and Board members.
- Requires an audit upon the vote/direction of the Board
- Includes a “No Endorsement Policy”
For more information contact Ken Armellino.