List of Acceptable Materials
Acceptable Textile Items for Recycling
Even clothes and textiles which are no longer wearable or useable can still be donated! Rather than putting them in the trash or a blue bin, they must be brought to a specific textile drop-off point (generally either a permanent bin or a retail location) or a textile collection event. To find drop-off points nearest to you, use our searchable database and check our list of events.
The following items can be donated in any condition (torn, worn, stained, missing buttons, broken zippers, shoe without a mate, etc.) as long as they are clean, dry, and odorless. Please note - not all textile collectors and events will accept everything from this list. Please check with collectors in your area to find the closest location for the items you wish to recycle.
Footwear (single or in pairs):
- Heels (wedges, pumps)
- Flip Flops
- Boots (work boots, dress boots, winter boots)
- Tops (T-shirts, blouses, shirts, tank tops)
- Outerwear (coats, jackets, blazers)
- Bottoms (pants, slacks, jeans, sweatpants, skirts, shorts)
- Bags (pocketbooks, backpacks, duffle bags, totes)
- Dish cloths
- Cloth napkins
- Table linens
- Throw rugs
- Halloween costumes
- Sports jerseys
- Pet clothing
- Textile scraps greater than 1'x1'